Sunday, December 7, 2014

Would You Work for 50% Less Pay Today?

If you walked into work today, and your boss came up to you and said, " Hey (insert your name here), "Would you work for 50% less pay today? I want you to put all your heart and soul into your job today, and I just don't really feel like paying you for it though. I know you've studied for years, you are a master at what you do, you've perfected your work, it's amazing and unique, but........", what would be your response? I am sure most of you are thinking, "Yeah, right! I was going to ask YOU for a raise!" and laugh or punch someone in the nose.


In both fields that I choose to call "work" to generate & create money for my family, I have been asked to give large discounts or even give my goods/services/time away for free, repeatedly. (I now know I am drawing this experience to myself.)


Well, as an artisan, I would like to officially ask everyone in the world, to stop expecting artistic people who make a living off of their talents (natural talents or otherwise), that we would give away our work for free. This includes all artists, such as artists that paint, draw, sculpt, crochet, paper artists, handmade jewelry makers, people who sew, musicians, photographers, any kind of artist or creator, oh, and people who work in the healing arts as well, like energy healers/quantum healers as well.

I'll give you an example or two:

I was in a craft show last year, a couple women passed by my station, and one woman commented to her friend about the price of one of my handmade items with a puff as they walked away. I was not having a yard sale in my front yard getting rid of old junk. It was a handmade (by me) lacey crochet washcloth, that I think I priced for somewhere between $4-$6. Please let me explain as an artist, that I bought this particular small skein of yarn which may have cost $2-$3 or so with or without a sale, then it took me probably 1 1/2 - 2 hours to complete and finish it. So, in the end, if you think about it, I just made $2 per hour, at most. Well, wait, that doesn't include the time to shop for the yarn and the gas and wear & tear on my vehicle and in this case the cost of the booth, set up, business cards, advertising, etc...well, you get the picture. Or, the time it took for me to perfect my craft (many years, but we don't need to give away my age here, haha) so that my items don't look cheap ( I like high quality, beautiful handmade goods) and the fact that I like to create my own patterns, and not just copy a pattern out of a book. That way my clients get something beautiful and unique and high quality.

Another example:

I am also an energy healer. I am a certified practitioner of Thought Field Therapy (TFT), and, I am a certified Access Consciousness BARS practitioner and Energetic Facelift/Body Lift aka: Life Lift/Love Lift practitioner. I found TFT 8-9 years ago or so, and began my deep study of energy healing methods and natural healing, and quantum physics as it relates to physical/emotional/spiritual healing along with many other sources to not only help myself but those around me live in more peace and facilitate emotional & physical healing in a different way. I was and still am a sponge to the information surrounding this amazing field of possibility! And, let me tell you, it works! Not only in your head (sorry naysayers), but quantum physics and science back it all up! I may not have gone to an expensive college and paid many thousands of dollars, however, I can guarantee I have studied things that are taught in college and some things that are left out! And, I have paid to take the classes, tests & get certified to practice certain methods and help others and used them in my own life to facilitate change and healing emotionally and physically.


Now, in these energy healing/quantum healing/consciousness healing fields that I have chosen to use, they have been around for many, many years (TFT over 30 years and Access Consciousness over 20 years ago, and Matrix Energetics almost 30 years) and they have had thousands upon thousands of people all around the globe who have benefited from them (emotional healing & physical healing even when standard practices did little or nothing in some cases. And, in some cases even instant change or healing of emotional turmoil that took many years and many, many thousands of dollars of standard therapy little or no results, or even instantaneous or very quick physical healing when nothing else seemed to work.) I remember reading of a case of a woman who had an infection for almost a year, that would not go away, and when she used one of the methods mentioned above, she saw a change within a day, and the infection cleared up in about a week...hmmmm..coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. There are hundreds or more cases I could share that I have read about in case studies and a few that I have been part of with joy!


So, then I find that in the field of alternative healing specifically, people expect that you will just give it away. Now, I am really not sure, it might be the fact that they think that a person in that field is a pushover because they operate from a place of love and compassion or something, or that the healer themselves is afraid to command a certain fee, I see that many people in the energy healing field and creative arts field, barely charge anything, (trying to make a living for their family and doing a great service to the world) and then, I find a few scattered here and there, that actually charge a rate that shows that what they have to offer is of great value and that they also value themselves and their time. When receiving these types of healing, in most cases there are many more shifts and changes than just the ones you are expecting. For example, your knee may be in pain and you go to an energy healer, after your session, you find that your relationship with your mother suddenly heals miraculously and you have a lot more ease, space and peace in your life. Or, you no longer have another issue in your body going on, or an infinite number of things in your life change with ease and beauty. These types of "miracles" are more common than not in the field of energy healing.

My personal opinion, is that it should cost no less than $100 per hour for a certified energy healers' time. I'm not talking about the quacks at the traveling fair (although some aren't).

I am not meaning for this post to be negative by any means, I am hoping to bring awareness to the fact that just because it is not store bought, mass produced or done by a person in the medical field, and may be something outside of the box, outside of your box, does not mean that it is of less value. In my experience, it is of tremendous value, and normally the artist or healer, it is their life passion, or one of their few life passions and joys that propels them in the field. And, in most cases, they spend many years perfecting their art or study and continue to study it and morph it into something greater and more magnificent!

I encourage you to go out and show appreciation to a local artisan by choosing to do business with them and maybe even creating a lasting business relationship!

Sending Love and Light out to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment